Every now and again, a majority of individuals will suffer from headaches. Sometimes headaches may be mild and do not interrupt for our day to day functions. On the other hand, some heads can be extremely painful and not-so-easy to get through. Chiropractic care may be just what you need to treat and prevent future headaches. Headaches do not have to be just a fact of life. There are ways to treat headaches. Before treating a headache, it's important to understand the different types of head pain as well as what chiropractic care can offer you.
There are different types of head pain?
Yes, all heads are not the same! Headaches come in a variety of forms and can range in severity from mild to debilitating. Here are some of the more common types of headaches:
- Migraines Migraine headaches occurs as the result of the narrowing or expanding of blood vessels located in the skull.
- Tension. Tension headaches are the result of muscle cramps or muscle spasms in the area surrounding the skull.
- Neck. Neck headaches are often the result of muscular or joint problems in the neck, which can lead to head pain.
What you should know about headaches and chiropractic care:
- Approximately 20 percent of all individuals who suffer from headaches experience chronic or recurring headaches.
- Headache medication is costly. Every year, 3.5 billion dollars is spent on medicines designed to stop headaches.
- In the United States, approximately 10 percent of all patients, who regularly seek chiropractic care of injury and illness, opt for chiropractic treatment of their headaches.
- Chiropractic treatment of headaches is a safe and effective method used to treat headaches.
- With the help of a chiropractor, you can alleviate headaches without the cost and side effects of traditional painkillers.
Headaches and chiropractic care is a safe and effective way to help eliminate your headaches without the need for medication. Chiropractors use physical manipulation of the neck muscles and joints for pain relief. Exercises and stretches may also be used to help alleviate tension and spasms in the neck muscles.
Prior to beginning treatment, a chiropractor will determine what is causing your headaches and work with you to develop a treatment plan that works for you. If you are experiencing headaches, contact a chiropractor today. Chiropractic offices can help alleviate neck pain and headaches. Visiting with a chiropractor can help you get back to enjoying the things you love most in life.