Migraine headaches are one of those headaches, which can occur anytime if exposed to trigger factors. In contrast to general headache, this type is one which occurs at a gap of certain time period, ranging from a fortnight to a month as well.
Generally speaking, migraine headache is a type, where there occurs a throbbing pain mostly on one side of head and this pain contrary to general ones can last for a much longer span of time and is more excruciating. Here, one should be extra careful regarding them.
Migraine headaches can be divided into two categories:
Aura type: in this case a person usually gets a sensation some time before actual pain begins. This time period is generally half an hour to one hour. In this case, there are two types of feeling:
A visual blurring happens. A person might have a blackout or may see variety of patterns, zigzag lines. This can also cause sense of dizziness.
A person can suddenly feel a numb pain in body. The quality of this pain can be extremely sharp as well like a needle, almost numbing one's complete sensations.
Without aura: in this case no such prior warning may be given of migraine symptoms and attack may be sudden.
Certain symptoms that differentiate migraine headache:
- Throbbing nature of its pain. Also, its location is unilateral. So it happens only on one side of head.
- A terrible vomiting tendency and a sense of nausea. In general heads, these symptoms may be found rarely, but in this case, it is substantial.
- Sudden extra sensitivity towards light, sound or any external source that may cause dizziness temporarily.
- Loss of coherence in speech.
- A needle like pain at the back of the head and a sense of numbness or at times even paralysis all over one's body.
Thus, one should be very careful since, the moment one may find these additional symptoms with a headache, clearly it is migraine symptoms.
However, there are certain triggers that may indicate to a person suffering from migraine that pain is about to occur.
- A seasonal change is one of the primary causes of migraine symptoms. Change in weather greatly affects these people.
- Disruptive changes in one's body. Sudden changes in mood, at times being depressed while at times being over enthusiastic.
- A sense of fatigue and muscle aching felt over a time period. Also, a constant numbness in one's body.
- A sense of irritability towards almost everything around a person.
Thus, it is essential that one should be extremely careful regarding these migraine symptoms triggers and should maintain a proper diary to care for it. They can very well take help of http://www.mewithoutmigraine.com/migraine-diary to keep a list of their triggers and timings for future reference.